The last man standing
– Milliband resigned –
Farage resigned and made a comeback in 48 hours
Then resigning before being voted in became cutting edge .
Remember Chuka Umunna, Dan Jarvis?
Today I was uneasy. No one had resigned for over 24 hours.
And Jim Murphy, leader of the Scottish Branch of the British Labour Party, surprised us all! Did us proud!
With a “reverse -Farage”
Mr Murphy said
“When I table that report at next month’s meeting of the Scottish Labour Party executive, I will also table my resignation as leader of the Scottish Labour Party.
“It will be for the party executive to decide whether it accepts the reforms proposed, but a party in such urgent need of reform blocks those changes at its peril.”
He’s going but not going . Leaving the leadership in a month or so. Designing a new party in the meantime!
What’s Jim Murphy’s record like?
*voted for the illegal Iraq War.
* is a high ranking member of the Neocon Henry Jackson Society.
* failed to graduate from University after 9 years.
* as Student President, u-turned over the issue of tuition fees.
* in Parliament, voted for tuition fees.
* voted against reform to the House of Lords.
* claimed hundreds of thousands in expenses.
* crucified Labour in Scotland by reducing it to 1 seat
Here’s Jim’s Theme Song for the next month or so!