They’ve even got their own song – We are the Bully Boys
What’s a serial bully?
A repeat offender.
Here are some features of serial bullies.
• holds deep prejudices (eg against other cultures and religious beliefs, foreigners, etc )
• is self-opinionated and displays arrogance, audacity, a superior sense of entitlement and sense of invulnerability and untouchability
• is a control freak and has a compulsive need to control everyone and everything you say, do, think and believe;
• displays a compulsive need to criticise whilst simultaneously refusing to value, praise and acknowledge others, their achievements, or their existence
• shows a lack of joined-up thinking with arguments that don’t hold water
• flits from topic to topic so that you come away feeling you’ve never had a proper conversation
• refuses to be specific and never gives a straight answer
• is evasive and has a Houdini-like ability to escape accountability
• undermines and destroys anyone who the bully perceives to be an adversary, a potential threat, or who can see through the bully’s mask
• is adept at creating conflict between those who would otherwise collate incriminating information about them
• is quick to discredit and neutralise anyone who can talk knowledgeably about antisocial or sociopathic behaviors
• is also quick to belittle, undermine, denigrate and discredit and may pursue a vindictive vendetta anyone who calls, attempts to call, or might call the bully to account . Is contemptuous of the damage caused to other people and organisations in pursuance of the vendetta
• gains gratification from denying people what they are entitled to
• is highly manipulative, especially of people’s perceptions and emotions (eg guilt)
• poisons peoples’ minds by manipulating their perceptions
• portrays themselves as a wonderful, kind, caring and compassionate person, in contrast to their behaviour and treatment of others; the bully sees nothing wrong with their behavior and chooses to remain oblivious to the discrepancy between how they like to be seen and how they are seen by others
• is spiritually dead although may loudly profess some religious belief or affiliation
• is always a taker and never a giver
• is convinced of their superiority and has an overbearing belief in their qualities of leadership but cannot distinguish between leadership and bullying
• is constantly imposing on others a false reality made up of distortion and fabrication
How many boxes have the Orange Order ticked in the past few weeks alone?